Potato and Leek Soup
Winter = Soup! I love adding soup to our weekly menu for many reasons. It’s easy, it’s cheap, and yummy!
This is our family favourite Potato and leek soup. If you make it, we’d love to see pics and hear your feedback on our Instagram page #BubbaGummy.
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 4 medium potatoes (Desirees work really well for this) peeled and chopped. As Jamie Oliver says: “don’t be chefy ’bout it”
- 30 grams of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic (I used ready-minced garlic… so a heaped teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 5-6 cups of vegetable stock
- 150 grams of cooking cream
Add sliced leeks, butter, garlic and paprika to large saucepan on medium heat and stir until butter has melted. Put on lid and turn to low heat allowing for the leeks to become soft (about 5 mins)
Add chopped potatoes and 5-6 cups of vegetable stock. Bring to boil and then level on low heat for about 35 mins or until potatoes are soft.
Once cooled, transfer a third of the mixture into a jug blender and blend until smooth. Transfer into a clean pot and then repeat with the rest of the mixture in two more batches. Once all blended, return to heat and slowly add cream bit by bit while stirring it through until soup is reheated.
Sit back and relax, or if you’re like us, then wolf it down before the little one wakes…